Happy Wednesday, darlings! I hope Leo season has been treating you well so far. It took me a few days to transition out of Cancer season. I felt tired and emotional. I’ve been focused on gratitude and honoring my emotions more intensely. I struggle with overthinking and anxiety, so acknowledging it is much better than burying it. Today, my feelings have been much lighter. I feel energetic and confident. While I don’t have Leo placements within my birth chart, I have my fire signs: Sagittarius Sun, Aries Moon, and Aries Mars. I handle this energy well, as most people do. It just feels good.
On Thursday, July 28th, the sun and the moon will be in the sign of Leo. Leo is a fire sign known for confidence, charisma, and ambition. They love to be appreciated for their acts of service and ideas. During this time, you may consider taking a leap of faith. Earlier in the year, we had the Leo Full Moon. Around this time, you may have been more confident in releasing things unaligned with your journey. Reflect on the changes that you’ve made since February. In that post, I spoke about clearing blocks. Blocks can be anything from self-sabotage, toxic relationships, or thought patterns. If you’re noticing that you’re stuck in a rut, evaluate your potential blocks. Once you start working on these blocks, your energy will begin flowing toward your focus. You can use shadow work and self-concept to improve your thought and emotional processes.
The new moon is a perfect opportunity to create and begin something new. Leo gives this moon an emphasis on putting energy behind your desires. What lights you up? What makes you feel confident? What desire feels most authentically aligned with your heart? These are some things to consider when you start creating in your mind.
In case you are brand new, this process is called manifestation. You manifest every day, whether you realize it or not. It starts with an idea or desire. You focus on that desire until you feel comfortable letting it go. What’s happening is you are programming your subconscious mind to believe that it’s finished. Time may pass, but you eventually see that desire, or something like it, enter your reality. I’ve had this show up in multiple ways. Even small thoughts happen. I might think about wanting pizza during the day, then someone offers to buy it. I might think about a person, then they’re texting me within the hour. Your energy and desire get reflected back to you.
To consciously manifest, the process doesn’t change. You decide that you want something, and it will come to you. Manifestation techniques (moon cycles, affirmations, show work, etc.) are tools to help you be the version of yourself that has the desire. For example, you want a healthy relationship. You might spend time writing out a list of qualities you admire. You might work on the parts of yourself that would sabotage a partnership. You may need to let go of the thought of other past relationships. Treat yourself as if you already have the best relationship. View yourself in the way you would want a partner to view you. Over time, you may stop thinking about relationships altogether. That’s usually when your desire manifests. It reminds me of the saying, “a watched pot never boils.” Don’t worry about when or how. Focus on you. Assume that you’ve done all the work to receive what you want. When it arrives, you may not even realize it’s happened.
This is a ritual that I use to manifest new intentions around the new moon. Feel free to make your own ritual or practice. You can incorporate witchcraft or spiritual aspects to make it personal.
- Clean your space. Recycle or donate unused items.
- If you’re able, do a smoke cleanse in your house. Open a few windows and turn on fans to circulate the air. Metaphysical shops sell sprays that aid in this process if you can’t use candles or incense.
- Take a bath or a shower. Salt baths and scrubs are a great way to reset. Take time to pamper yourself. Do things that make you feel comfortable. You are the most significant part of this process, after all.
- Ground yourself through meditation. If silent meditations aren’t for you, research guided meditations or frequencies. Practice breathing exercises. If you’re outside, connect to nature. Imagine the energy from the earth flowing into your body and back down into the ground. Take this time to check in with yourself. How is your mental health? What have you been stressed about? What things do you still need to release? If you journal, take time to write down how you felt. Reflect on how you felt during this time last month.
- Set up your space. If you use crystals, pick those that will be most helpful to your purpose. They all have specific properties and uses.
- Sit down with a notepad and write your intentions for the next thirty days. When you’re writing out your desires, make a positive statement. Your list can say things like “I am…” or “I have…”. With Leo’s energy, fortune favors the bold! Regardless if you think it’s a “big” goal, it’s attainable. You shouldn’t feel the need to micromanage or plan. No manifestation is too hard or too far away. Assume that you have your desire. Once your brain believes it’s done, start tapping into the energy of that desire pulling towards you. You’re going to start noticing signs of that desire everywhere. Use those signs as motivation.
- Don’t restrict yourself to people, places, or things. You can manifest feelings and experiences as well. Sometimes those are the best because you aren’t worried about how it comes.
- I always like to include a list of everything I have received over the past month. I express gratitude for these and the desires I wish to receive.
- I fold up my list and seal it until the next new moon. I burn the list from the previous month.
- I close my ritual with a tarot spread.
I would like to reiterate that this process can be made into your own. Manifestation is meant to be fun and easy. It will eventually become second nature. Only do the things that put you in a better state. If you see the opposite of your intention, don’t freak out. Reaffirm your desires to yourself. I would like to mention that anxiety and depression will not keep you from your desires. I’ve used manifestation through hard times. You’ll want to address the root, but it will not hold you back.