Happy Friday, darlings! I hope Gemini season is being kind to you. Astrologically, we have a few planets in retrograde and several sitting in Aries. Aries is a bold, fiery placement, not known for holding back. You may notice your moods becoming more irritable or emotional. This energy is excellent for getting things done if you can channel it properly. The upcoming new moon can help you.
On Monday, May 30th, the sun and moon will be in the sign of Gemini. This is an air sign that loves to communicate and learn. This new moon phase is an excellent chance to look at your inner world. The changes you make inside cause a ripple effect outward. Since we are dealing with Gemini, look at your communication and thought processes. How do you speak to yourself? Do you listen to your intuition when it’s screaming at you? How can you learn from the information that you receive? It’s a great time to remain open to the new beginnings around you. Set a few intentions and align those with your goals.
In case you are brand new, this process is called manifestation. You manifest every day, whether you realize it or not. It starts with an idea or desire. You focus on that desire until you feel comfortable letting it go. Time may pass, but you eventually see that desire, or something like it, enter your reality. I’ve had this show up in multiple ways. I might think about wanting pizza during the day, then someone offers to buy it. I might think about a person, then they’re texting me within the hour. Your energy and desire get reflected back to you.
To consciously manifest, the process doesn’t change. You decide that you want something, it will come to you. Manifestation techniques (moon cycles, affirmations, show work, etc.) are tools to help you be the version of yourself that has the desire. For example, you want a healthy relationship. You might spend time writing out a list of qualities you admire. You might work on the parts of yourself that would sabotage a partnership. You may need to let go of the thought of other past relationships. Treat yourself as if you already have the best relationship. View yourself in the way you would want a partner to view you. Over time, you may stop thinking about relationships altogether. That’s usually when your desire manifests. It reminds me of the saying, “a watched pot never boils.” Don’t worry about when or how. Focus on you. Assume that you’ve done all the work to receive what you want. When it arrives, you may not even realize it’s happened.
This is a ritual that I use to manifest new intentions around the new moon. Feel free to make your own ritual or practice. You can incorporate witchcraft or spiritual aspects to make it personal.
- Clean your space. Recycle or donate unused items.
- If you’re able, do a smoke cleanse in your house. Open a few windows and turn on fans to circulate the air. Metaphysical shops sell sprays that aid in this process if you can’t use candles or incense.
- Take a bath or a shower. Salt baths and scrubs are a great way to reset. Take time to pamper yourself. Do things that make you feel comfortable. You are the most significant part of this process, after all.
- Ground yourself through meditation. If silent meditations aren’t for you, research guided meditations or frequencies. Practice breathing exercises. If you’re outside, connect to nature. Imagine the energy from the earth flowing into your body and back down into the ground. Take this time to check in with yourself. How is your mental health? What have you been stressed about? What things do you still need to release? If you journal, take time to write down how you felt. Reflect on how you felt during this time last month.
- Set up your space. If you use crystals, pick ones that will be most helpful to your purpose. They all have specific properties and uses.
- Sit down with a notepad and write your intentions for the next thirty days. When you’re writing out your desires, make a positive statement. Your list can say things like “I am…” or “I have…”. With Gemini energy, think outside the box! Regardless if you think it’s a “big” goal, it’s attainable. You shouldn’t feel the need to micromanage or plan. No manifestation is too hard or too far away. Assume that you have your desire. Once your brain believes it’s done, start tapping into the energy of that desire pulling towards you. You’re going to start noticing signs of that desire everywhere. Use those signs as motivation.
- Don’t restrict yourself to people, places, or things. You can manifest feelings and experiences as well. Sometimes those are the best because you aren’t worried about how it comes.
- I always like to include a list of everything I have received over the past month. I express gratitude for these and the desires I wish to receive.
- I fold up my list and seal it until the next new moon. I burn the list from the previous month.
- I close my ritual with a tarot spread.
I would like to reiterate that this process can be made into your own. Manifestation is meant to be fun and easy. It will eventually become second nature. Only do the things that put you in a better state. If you see the opposite of your intention, don’t freak out. Reaffirm your desires to yourself. I would like to mention that anxiety and depression will not keep you from your desires. I’ve used manifestation through hard times. You’ll want to address the root, but it will not hold you back.