Happy Full Moon! I hope all of you are enjoying some springtime weather lately. I love that it is starting to be warm outside. I’ve been able to go out to read more often. I also enjoy sitting outside to journal. Aries season has me making conscious decisions about my life, so I hope it’s been a good one for you. We have Taurus season approaching! As for the moon, we are entering the full moon.
Libra Full Moon
On April 16th, the full moon will be in the sign of Libra. This will happen around 3 PM EST. With any luck, you’ll be able to see it during the day. If you prefer nighttime, it will be visible, pending any cloud cover. Libra is a cardinal air sign; represented by scales. This energy loves balance and harmony, as it is ruled by the planet Venus. You could be seeking out amicable resolutions to any stressful situations. You may be seeking out self-care and indulging yourself in something nice. It’s a great time to balance out any ungrounded energy leftover from the Pisces season or the Neptune-Jupiter conjunction. You may notice yourself seeking answers in relationships, jobs, or finances. Since the full moon is a great time to release for manifestation, let go of anything that leaves you feeling unbalanced or unsure. You’re not a maybe!
As stated in the previous full moon post in March, I use the full moon to release what no longer serves me and my purpose. Here are a few examples of how you can do this as well:
- Clean your space. Donate any items that can still be used.
- If able, smoke cleanse your house. Open a few windows and turn on fans to circulate the air.
- Take a bath or a shower. Salt baths and scrubs are a great way to reset your energy.
- Ground yourself. Spend some time meditating outside or in a separate room. Try to make it quiet. You can also use guided meditations. Sound frequencies help me. Both can be found on YouTube, Apple Music, etc. This is also a great time to practice breathing exercises. The purpose of grounding is to connect your energy to the earth. As I’ve said before, I like to imagine the energy flowing from the ground into the body and back again.
- Spend a little time in your shadow work journal or reflective writing. Write out how you’re feeling at that moment. Reflect on past full moon entries. What area would benefit from attention during the next thirty days?
- Consider your manifestations. What is it that you’re calling in? What could you release to make room for these experiences? Make a list of things you wish to release and burn/destroy the list.
- Charge your crystals. Make moon water. Reset your tarot decks to the original order.
- Take care of yourself. What can ground your energy? What makes you feel human? If you need a night of Netflix and junk food, do it.
I also plan on thinking back to what I was manifesting during the Libra season of October 2021. This might be helpful to see how far you’ve come in the last six months. As Libra rules the seventh house, your focus may be on long-term relationships, partnerships, contracts, and commitments. How can you focus on yourself to improve these outside relationships? What elements of your life are begging to be revised? When you focus on your self-concept on the inside, the outside has no choice but to conform. Assume all of the best things about yourself; it is so.